Hiking & Backpacking Santa Barbara & Ventura, 2nd Edition
Majestic waterfalls, sweeping vistas, granite-clad ridges, and hot springs―the southern Los Padres National Forest stretches across Southern California’s incomparable scenery. Let local author Craig R. Carey lead you through the best of this varied terrain. Hiking & Backpacking Santa Barbara & Ventura presents 98 of the finest routes between Gaviota Pass and Lake Piru.
Explore lush trails above Santa Barbara, Carpinteria, Ventura, Ojai, Santa Paula, Fillmore, and Piru. Plan a day hike, a weekend backpacking trip, or a deep backcountry journey through stretches of the Chumash, San Rafael, Dick Smith, Sespe, and Matilija wildernesses. This guide provides the information you need to plan and implement your next hiking and backpacking adventure!
Inside You’ll Find
- 98 of the top routes in California’s second-largest national forest
- Day trips, weekend excursions, and deep backcountry treks
- Detailed section maps and GPS coordinates
- Waypoints, camps, trailhead directions, and permit information
- Recommendations for hiking with children
Already have the first edition? You’ll want to pick up the second to enjoy these updates:
- Color photos and maps
- Ten new routes!
- Updated trail conditions following the Thomas Fire
- Improved maps
- And a snazzy new cover